Very productive weekend!
Spent Friday night cutting out another 3 Morell blocks. Saturday I completed an applique block, Sunday completed a Christmas Wish block and the last two nights I’ve sewed the binding on a charity quilt.
The quilt was started way back in response to the 2006/07 Victorian bushfires (which were our worst on record, till this year). My friend Vikki and I went through our stashes for fabric and got some work collegues together and taught them how to make Ohio Star blocks. Some of them hadn’t even sewn before so it was quite an effort, but they did really well. Our intention was to donate the quilt to another employee who is a CFA volunteer – our wish was for them to raffle the quilt to raise money for that CFA brigade. Both Vikki and myself have long since left the organisation, but have continued to pull the quilt together. Now in light of this year’s bushfires they may decided to raffle it themselves to donate money ….. as I’m no longer an employee of the organisation I’ll leave it up to them. My other wonderful friend Julie (of Jules Quilting 0402 497745 Mitcham, Vic.) donated her quilting service and only charged us cost for the batting and thread. Here it is… 184cm square